Sunday, August 7, 2011

Vino - A Personal Note on Enjoying Wine

Hubby and I have 2 homes.  One in Calgary and one in the interior of BC on the Shuswaps.  I stay almost full time at the Shuswap home from June to September.  Hubby, family and friends come and go through the summer.  It's lots of fun but can be hectic.  It's Sunday night, everybody's left and I'm on my own. 
My 5 oz. glass tonight is Pascual Toso, a 2009 Argentine Cab. Sav.  I enjoyed it at twilight, sitting on the deck, reading a book and enjoying the candlelight (citronella candle actually - but candlelight).  It took my about half an hour to drink the glass, sipping, doing the tounge rolling inhaling thingy.  It was wonderful.  This is what I mean by enjoying every drop.
I know we don't all have the luxury to do it on a regular basis but take the time now and then to treat yourself to a night on the deck.
Cheers!
Lynne

No comments:

Post a Comment